August 31, 2012 § Leave a comment
I continue to be amazed by some of the weird stuff that people offer on freecycle that is taken by other people. The idea that someone might be willing to pick up such random stuff (an open bag of espresso or 6′ of ethernet cable or…) has made me more willing to offer my random stuff before recycling it or throwing it away.
This month, I’ve offered more items than ever before, most of which have been picked up within a day from our front porch:
- 12 zippered plastic cases (from years worth of sheets and comforters)
- 48 bottles ‘wedding’ bubbles (that we forgot to take to the ceremony)
- 100 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheet protectors that fit in 3-ring binders, plus 5 3-ring binders (again, from the office that closed)
- Bread machine (Paul’s had a new one for several years)
- TV/VCR combo
- Ankle weights (someone posted that they wanted a pair of these, so I found the ones we had in the basement)
- Partial roll of roofing felt
- Clevercat top entry cat box (our cats wouldn’t use it)
- Green Cone food composter (with chickens and Seattle’s food composting program, we don’t need this for food scraps)
That’s 171 items that have gone to folks who will use them! Hooray for freecycle!